Answers to your questions

Have a question you would like answered? Email us and we may answer it. The questions here are based on ones from our readers, with identifying information removed.

Topic: Disability Rights  |  Show questions and answers for all topics

How can we apply for an ID for our foster child that has a mental disability? Home Affairs and Social Services refuse to help.

You may need legal intervention to compel Social Services to issue the required documentation for Home Affairs.

Read more

What is the maximum amount of additional income that I can earn without jeopardising my disability grant?

You may not earn more than R172,560 (R14,380 per month) jointly, if you are married.

Read more

How can I make SASSA pay for December and January instead of paying double in January?

You can either contact SASSA's helpline or request paralegal assistance.

Read more

Will my son who has Down's Syndrome qualify for a state disability grant, and will I be means tested?

He will be eligible and you will be means tested

Read more