Answers to your questions

Have a question you would like answered? Email us and we may answer it. The questions here are based on ones from our readers, with identifying information removed.

Topic: Court  |  Show questions and answers for all topics

What do I do if the municipality refuses to comply with a court order against them?

The best way would be seek to seek legal advice about how to enforce the court order.

Read more

What can I do if my sibling refuses to report our parent's deceased estate?

It is illegal not to report a deceased estate. Perhaps telling your sibling this will spur them to action. Otherwise you can approach the Master's office for help.

Read more

How can a prisoner who was assigned the wrong case number appeal their sentence?

You need to contact a lawyer.

Read more

Where can I get a copy of my divorce certificate?

You can only get a copy of the divorce decree from the High Court in which the decree was issued.

Read more

The Labour Court still hasn't delivered judgment on my case that was heard six months ago. What can I do?

Lodge a complaint with the Office of the Chief Justice.

Read more

What steps need to be taken if a court judgment has been reserved for more than three months?

Read more